Oneplus 2 comes with Oxygen OS which is not the first preference for its users. If any of Oneplus 2 user had used Oneplus one then he finds himself very unlucky to get this Oxygen OS with many bugs. But Oneplus Two users need Not do worry because you can also Flash custom Rom on Oneplus 2. In this post i will guide you to install Cyanogen Custom ROM to your OnePlus 2. You just need to read this article carefully.
- Custom ROMs void warranty so be sure that you want to do it. You can again install stock ROM if you want.
- Backup all data before starting.
- Your Oneplus Two should be Rooted first if not then first see this post. Then get back to here.
- If you still want to install custom ROM then i should let you know that there are some features like Laser focus and fingerprint scanner are not working till current ROM from Cyanogen.
We are going to install Cyanogen ROM and i personally suggest to install CM12.1 as it is more stable than CM13 which still has many bugs.
Backup and Flash Custom ROM on Oneplus 2 that CyanogenMod-
- Before we flash Custom ROM on Oneplus 2 connect it to PC and Paste both the downloaded files into root folder of internal Storage.
- Now Disconnect the device and turn it off.
- After device is off press Volume down key as well as Power key together till you see Oneplus logo on screen. Now left power key but hold volume key still till you see TWRP recovery.
- Now first press on backup option and create backup of your current ROM which is Stock ROM “Oxygen OS” . It is important to create backup of your stock ROM because in case you face any problem after you flash custom ROM on Oneplus 2 then you can again roll back to your stock ROM with help of this backup.
- Now format oneplus 2 by tapping on Wipe data and then confirm wiping.
- Its time to flash Custome ROM on oneplus 2 and to do that tap on install and then choose the ROM zip file which was first copied to internal storage of Oneplus 2.
- And after installation completes again click on install and choose Gapps file and install it.
- Press Reboot option now.
Congratulations! after Reboot completes you have CyanogenMod ROM running on your device that is You have flash custom ROM on Oneplus 2.