When Oneplus boomed to market with its first smartphone which is Oneplus one they suddenly hyped the whole market in few days. But the same enigmatic was not show by Oneplus two. Second phone from Oneplus also had high configuration at less price as compared to big brands like Sony Samsung and hTC, But here Oneplus tries to use there on customized android OS that is Oxygen OS. And here Oneplus failed because users enjoyed Oneplus One with Cyanogen and here in Oneplus 2 users got bad impression due to much bugs in Oxygen OS. Root is the another way to get back Cyanogen OS in Oneplus 2. But be careful if your want to root Oneplus 2 for installing Cyanogen then you might get many bugs in Cyanogen still. Custom ROM from Cyanogen is not fully ready for Oneplus 2. There are lots of bugs still left to get solved like proper working of Laser focus and Fingerprint Scanner. Now coming to point lets start the topic of Root Oneplus 2.
- Do at your Own risk. warranty of your device will be void.
- Your Device may brick will attempting to Root Oneplus 2.
- This procedure for Root Oneplus 2 should not be followed for any other device.
- All data stored on the device may get erased. So better backup all the data files.
Click here to Download files required to Root Oneplus 2.
2-Installing ADB Drivers on Your PC or Mac-
- First Extract the downloaded files to desktop.
- Install the ADB Drivers into your PC if you don’t know this then better first Google it.
- Its very easy to install and then come back here.
- Copy the SuperSU.zip and recovery.img files from the downloaded folder into the C:/adb folder which is since installing ADB (they need to be in the same folder as adb.exe and fastboot.exe).
3- Unlocking the Bootloader on the Oneplus 2-
- If you haven’t ever enabled the debugging mode then do that by following this instructions go to Settings>About Phone and their tap for 7-8 time on Built number and it will notify you as debugging options enabled.
- Now come one step back to settings and got to debugging menu and their turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Now connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Allow debugging on your device if you are asked by your device.
- Now get back to PC and launch Command prompt Window from Fastboot Folder which are extracted by you earlier. To do this, Hold down Shift on your keyboard and right-click anywhere inside the Fastboot folder and select Open command window here.
- Type the command shown below into the command prompt Window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your device will go into bootloader mode check it.
- Again type the following command and press enter key:
fastboot oem unlock
- This was the command to unlock bootloader so wait till it unlocks the bootloader of Oneplus 2. After this processes your device will automatically reboot.
4-Flashing a Custom Recovery on the OnePlus 2
- After device gets started normally again enable debugging mode as we did before and then again turn on USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Now in command prompt which is still open type the following commands and press enter key:
adb push SuperSU.zip /sdcard/SuperSU.zip adb reboot recovery adb reboot bootloader
- Enter the below command after device comes into bootloader mode and then press enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now time to wait till device is being flashed TWRP Recovery on it. When this process completes go to recovery mode by pressing Volume Down Key and Power key together till you don’t see any activity in the device. Now release Power key but not volume key until TWRP recovery not seen to you.
5-Final Step to Root Oneplus 2 Using TWRP and SuperSU-
- Now your are TWRP recovery mode here your first priority is to get backup of Oxygen OS as it is stable and official ROM for Oneplus 2 . It is necessary because it you get any problem in future after rooting then this will help you to get back to original ROM. To do this Tap Backup and again tap on Confirm and wait till it completes.
- Tap back after it get finished and then tap on Install.
- Select SuperSU.zip on you device and tap on confirm and wait till TWRP to install SuperSU.
- When process is completed choose reboot option and reboot your device. Close all the file and folders which are opened for rooting Oneplus 2.
Congratulations! Your Oneplus 2 is now rooted and My post on Root Oneplus 2 is successful. Comment any problem which ever you get while rooting your Oneplus 2.